Counselling Glasgow City Centre
Hello and thanks for clicking,
My name is Aileen McCormack and I am Person Centred Counsellor offering counselling in the Glasgow city centre and surrounding areas. I am also an experienced free-lance trainer and lecturer of counselling.
I am experienced at working with, but not limited to, the following issues:
• Relationship difficulties
• Friendship difficulties
• Family dynamic difficulties
• Exploring LGBTQ+ identity
• Loss, grief, bereavement
• Loneliness and isolation
• Change and transition in life
• Pregnancy, termination and fertility
• Anxiety and depression
• Self esteem
• Diagnosis of life changing illness
• Life transitions
My Qualifications and Memberships:
• BA in Social Sciences (2004)
• Diploma in Counselling (2010)
• Certificate in Sexual Minority Therapy (2009)
• COSCA Supervision Certificate (Pending completion Spring 2020)
• I am also a member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy), PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Groups) and hold my own insurance.
I have completed shorter CPD courses on topics such as Attachment, Autism Awareness, Deaf Awareness and Cancer Awareness.
Since qualifying, I have spent four years working as a Counsellor for both Crossreach, Glasgow and two years with the Lesbian and Gay Foundation, Manchester. Prior to my counselling career I was employed within the homeless sector and a Macmillan Cancer Support funded programme.
I see clients in the Glasgow city centre and Kelvingrove areas of Glasgow.
Please see the section on Counselling for more information about how we would work together and the FAQ section for more details on locations and fees.